Sunday, December 02, 2007

The weekend that was..

This weekend was something I was looking forward too all week last week as I was really stressed and worried about work. At the same time the guilt of being away from my family sent me on an emotional roller coaster and sent me wanting to quit my job and go back to the NGO scene...

Anyway, to cut a long story short, we watched the Inconvenient Truth documentary and it sent a direct message to my heart that I will continue my NGO work once I have acquired enough knowledge in the corporate world I am currently in. I see myself worth something there..

A brief update on the week that was tough, stressful and informative..

**********

1. On Thursday, 29 November, my husband claimed victory of becoming a master to his lawyer, Izyan, who was called to the bar. A very proud moment for them both.

His lawyer sent such a sweet message that even I could feel the proudness..
---

From: izyan [mailto:izyan@zairulzainsyed.com.my]
Sent: 30 November 2007 12:02
To: zairul@zairulzainsyed.com.my
Subject: long call pics

Dear Encik Zairul ,

I would like to express my gratitude and utmost appreciation to you for being a wonderful pupil-master. I am indeed very grateful and honored to have been your pupil. Thank you for a wonderful and memorable experience and I look forward to more enjoyable and wonderful working experience in the future. I attach herewith our pics taken after the long call. Thank you for your presence during the long call and thank you for being a part of my learning experience.

Regards,

Izyan Darlina Dato’ Balia Yusof
Advocate&Solicitor




---

2. On Saturday night, 1 Dec 2007, we had a small Sri Inai "Biru" class reunion at Marmalade Cafe at Bangsar Village 2.



From L2R Back row: Sasha (Fiona's hubby), Fashni, Faizal, Zairul, Yazeed and Ridzwan.
From L2R Fron row: Wan (Faizal's girlfriend), T. Nadhya (Yazeed's wife), Fiona & me.

I have not met Fashni, Fiona and Faizal for over 20 years!! We had so much fun but we'll need to organise another one because the time we had was too short to update all that has happened during the last years apart..



The Sri Inai friends get together at last.. Thanks Yazeed for arranging the venue!!

********

3. Syakirah turned 15 months on 1 Dec 2007, Alhamdulillah. We took her swimming with her cousins at the club today..



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home