Saturday, March 01, 2008

A whole life of friendship

I have always been the kind to remind myself of friends I know throughout my life. Those who have made me happy, those who made me cry, those who loved to tease me and those who got me into big trouble with mama.

I realise that most of my friends have remained my friends despite my inability to offer them enough of my time. I am truly grateful for them and although I dont get to meet them much they are all always in my prayers.

I have so many groups of friends and so many levels of closeness that sometimes it becomes difficult to explain to Zairul when we meet them. It seems like I'm close to everbody..

Lately since Facebook came into the picture, its been a great way to just send virtual gifts and messages to those friends you would love to spend lots of time with but just cant fit it into the daily schedule no matter what you do..

Speaking of long time friends, my dear childhood friend, Joy, who now lives in the UK, came home for a visit with her daughter Dhanya. We visited them last Tuesday at her mum's (Aunty Millie) house in Ampang. Even Aunty Millie was so excited that Joy and I are now mums to two little girls..

We have been friends since we were babies. Yupp.. that would mean for more than 30 years..

We went to kindy, primary and secondary schools together. I practically lived in her house during those days. We would go to school together, come home together and play all day long together.

Although there we times we were separated, like the time Joy went to Hawaii and then to UK and I left for Ozie, we still kept in touch through letters and emails.

Somehow we managed to keep in touch despite being far apart in different parts of the world.

But when we meet it seems like we never spent the time apart.

That night we introduced our girls to each other.. Syakirah loved Dhanya instantly.

I hope Syakirah and Dhanya will continue the friendship just like Joy and I have.

Syakirah and Dhanya



Joy and Me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ms Nellie said...

Both girls (mommies and babies) are adorable! ;)

11 March 2008 at 15:41:00 GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home