Friday, June 26, 2009

Gone Too Soon



I was shocked to wake up to such sad news of the sudden passing of a music legend. I may not have been the most loyal fan i.e. not buying ALL his albums but I certainly memorised probably 95% of his songs.

I grew up listening to his songs and watching my siblings dance to his moves. I never judged him even though lots of vicious gossips were spread about him. I just loved his songs..

My secret relief was when I read about him converting to Islam. What a wonderful piece of news. For the first time today, I read the news of his conversion here. Well at least, if I doa for him, it may reach him..

Today I spent the day going through a whole list of old and new songs and telling stories to my niece on all the lovely memories of these songs during the times they were released.

I am lucky that I had the chance to watch him perform at the MCG in Melbourne back in November 1996. I went to watch the fantastic concert with my best Indonesian mates; and I'm sure they're talking about that glorious night too.



Now, I will keep my concert t-shirt and the ticket stub as if my life depended on it.

Al-Fatihah to Mikaeel Abdullah @ Michael Jackson..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home